Dont use cold eggs
- they work better at room temperature
- if you are in a hurry but them in a bowl of warm water for 10-15 minutes
Separate the whites from the yolks
- if you do this you can fluff the egg whites and add them in last
- this will make your cake fluffier!
Use room temperature butter
- in a hurry cut it up and microwave it
- microwave in 5 second intervals
Use a pastry brush to butter pans
- it will give you an even coat
- honestly I don’t do this but it is suggested
Messure the flour properly
- it is suggested not to scoop from the bag
- make sure you scrape off the excess flour with the back of a knife
Rotate the Pans During Baking
- This will ensure even baking
- Wait until the cake is set—about two-thirds of the way through the baking time—to prevent collapse.
- If you’re using more than one rack, this is also the time to swap the pans.
- use middle rack
Cool cakes upside down
- this will flatten out the top
- this makes it supper easy to stack them
- if not you can cut a little off the top so you can stack it